As part of our drive here at Arbor Financial to help our members achieve their goals, including attending college, Arbor Financial Credit Union introduced our scholarship program in 1999, and since then, we’ve given away over $400,000 to help students in west Michigan achieve their academic dreams.
So, with that in mind, we’re proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship, high school, college destination, and their chosen field of study.
- Allison Wolf, Hackett Catholic Prep, Aquinas College, Data Analytics & History
- Allyssa Boes, Kalamazoo Christian High School, University of Michigan, Sociology (law), Justice and Social Change
- Brenna Larkey, Otsego High School, University of Michigan, Nursing
- Claire Dirette, Portage Northern High School, Michigan State University, Biology
- Colin Assenmacher, Mattawan High School, Grand Valley State University, Biology
- Dakota Garman, Mattawan High School, Grand Valley State University, Computer Engineering/Business
- Emily Rehr, Plainwell High School, Iowa State University, Biosystems Engineering
- Hannah Miller, Constantine High School, Highlands College, Worship and Pastoral Ministry
- Morgan Hartline, Marcellus High School, Grand Valley State University, Secondary Education
- Riley Piper, Schoolcraft High School, Western Michigan University, Civil Engineering
- Sarah Grover, Home School, Cedarville University, Visual Communication Design/Graphic Design
- Sarah Wheaton, Paw Paw High School, Western Michigan University, Pre-Optometry
The 2018 iteration of the scholarships were awarded based anonymously on the strength of an essay answering the question, “If you could change your community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make and why?”
And scholarships aren’t the only gift we’re giving high school graduates with an eye on helping their financial future.
Arbor Financial offers the Volt Account, a unique bundled account designed especially for young adults, to help them take charge of their money as they gain independence and move out on their own. As a special limited-time gift, Arbor Financial is offering our 2018 high school graduates $25 when complete three debit card transactions.
More information on the Scholarship winners can be found at https://www.arborfcu.org/About/Community/Scholarship-Program
More information on the Volt Account can be found at https://www.arborfcu.org/Bank/Solutions/Volt