Arbor Financial awards $24,000 annually to Michigan high school students.
The Arbor Financial Community Scholarship Program is awarding twelve $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors in any of our southwest Michigan communities. We believe strongly in the value of higher education and proudly enhance opportunities and advancement through this program.
Who is eligible:
How to Apply:
- Open to all high school seniors, who are Arbor Financial members OR
- High school seniors residing in any of the 21 counties we serve
- Accepted into an accredited post-secondary school (community college, 4-year programs, etc)
- Scholarships must be used in the upcoming fall semester
This year's scholarship will be anonymously judged on the strength of an essay that will answer the question: "If you could change your community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make and why?"
Applications are submitted and essays uploaded online, making the whole process quick and easy!
- Essay is between 500 and 750 words
- Typed and double spaced
- Top right corner of each page of the essay contains your initials of first, middle, and last name
- Your essay has a title
- Submit your application and upload your essay in a Word (.DOC(X)) or PDF online.
- We will be awarding 12 high school seniors with $2,000 scholarships
- Winners of the 2018 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship will be contacted in May
- Checks will be made payable to both the winner and the educational institute and will be mailed to the winner in June
- Winners will be asked to submit a photo for use on our website and/or social media outlets
- Select essays from our winners may be published on our website and/or social media outlets