Arbor Financial awards $24,000 annually to Michigan high school students.
The Arbor Financial Community Scholarship Program is awarding twelve $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors in the state of Michigan. We believe strongly in the value of higher education and proudly enhance opportunities and advancement through this program.
Who is Eligible
- Open to all high school seniors, who are Arbor Financial members OR non-members currently residing in Michigan
- Accepted into an accredited post-secondary school (community college, 4-year program, etc.)
- Scholarships must be used in the upcoming fall semester
- DEADLINE - Monday, April 1, 2019
How to Apply
Scholarship entries will be anonymously judged and awarded based on the strength of an essay of this year's topic:
- Describe a time when your ethics guided you to do the right thing in a difficult situation.
- Essay is between 500 and 750 words
- Typed and double spaced
- Top right corner of each page of the essay contains your first, middle, and last initials
- Your essay has a title
- Submit your application and upload your essay in a word (.doc(x)) or PDF online.
- We will be awarding 12 high school seniors with $2,000 scholarships
- Winners of the 2019 Arbor FInancial Community Scholarship will be contacted in May
- Checks will be made payable to both the winner and the educational institution and will be mailed to the winners in June
- Winners will be asked to submit a photo for use on our website and/or social media outlets
- Select essays from our winners may be published on our website and/or social media outlets
An account designed with students in mind
Graduation is a special time for seniors, as you say goodbye to high school and hello to independence. Whether you're headed to college or straight to the workforce, Arbor Financial's Volt Account will help you take charge of your money with special perks designed especially for young adults like you.
We've seriously reduced or outright eliminated a variety of fees, we offer a special credit card starting at age 16, that can help you start building good credit for when you want to buy that first car, and we hold a variety of educational events at both our 9th Street headquarters as well as in the schools for both high school and college students designed to help them make good choices with their money.
And that's in addition to all the other perks that come with a memership at Arbor Financial, like free access to over 37,000 ATM's nationwide, eBanking access, and more!
Check out everything the Volt Account can do for you here