10 Steps To Buying A New Home
- Do your research: There’s no better time than the present to compare rates, see what’s out there and what you’ll be able to afford. Knowledge is power.
- How much house can you afford? Determine your budget and the payment amount you’re comfortable with by using our Mortgage Loan Calculator.
- Get pre-approved/pre-qualified: This will let you see which options are available to you, and the price range of the home you should be looking for.
- Find the perfect real estate agent: Having a Buyers Agent on your side that’s going to look out for your best interests and who will be fully invested in you, is a good choice.
- Make an offer: Once you’ve found the right home within budget, it’s time to negotiate a fair offer with the help of your real estate agent.
- Ask for a home inspection: The last thing you want is a nasty surprise after signing on the dotted line. Always get the house inspected for any damage prior to closing the deal.
- Select your mortgage loan: Based on your needs and budget, we’re able to find you the perfect mortgage loan to turn your dream into a reality.
- Arrange for an appraisal: The appraisal determines whether you’re paying a fair price for the home in question.
- Get the paperwork done: Always ensure that the seller is the rightful owner of the house before closing the deal.
- Sign the paperwork: It could take a couple of days for the deal to be complete, but once the check is delivered, you’re officially the owner of a new home.
Get pre-approved for the perfect mortgage loan to match your lifestyle.
Are you a first-time buyer; or looking to learn more about the mortgage process? Download our free First-Time Homebuyer E-book, and learn how to make your dreams of homeownership a reality.
Download the E-Book