Old enough to earn? Old enough to learn.
Your teen has a part-time job at a mall or fast-food place. Your college grad is about to embark on an exciting new career. The next step is for them to learn good financial habits that will last a lifetime. Our Volt Account can get young people charged up about money management, offering an attractive package of youth savings, checking and credit card accounts that provide both parents and young people with a bundle of benefits.
The Volt Savings Account teaches kids that it pays to save:
- Cha Ching! Volt Account holders will see their savings add up quickly by earning 5% interest (APR) on savings balances up to $1,000
Volt Checking for teens 14 to 17 holds the line on fees:
- No monthly service fees
- Overdraft protection from Savings Account
- Parent Transfer Line allows money to be transferred between accounts with just the click of a button
- No paper checks
Volt Checking for young adults 18 to 26 teaches responsible money management:
- Free access to over 37,000 ATMs within our network, or only $1 out of network.
- Online Bill Pay available
- Paper checks provided
Members who are age 16 and over can qualify for a Visa rewards card:
- Low interest rate
- Earn discounts on products, travel and other rewards for purchases with card
- Maximum credit limit of $1,000
- Card must have a co-signer until age 18
After parents get Volt Accounts for their kids, they should take a look at everything Arbor Financial Credit Union has for adults. If you open a checking account with us, you get free access to more than 37,000 ATMs throughout Michigan and across the nation, plus fee-free access to eBanking
, Mobile Banking
, Web Bill Pay
and more. It's easy to open your account online
or switch your account
to become an Arbor Financial member.