All the benefits. None of the risks.
Designed for members between the ages of 13 and 18, the Volt Account bundle for teens is put together in such a way that you can let your teen take control of their money, without the worry of dipping into savings or incurring accidental overdraft charges.
Find A Branch
What can the Volt Account do for me?
Plenty. In addition to doing away with fees, and giving you more control over your money, we're also helping explain how all this works, and how teens can use the tools available to be smarter about spending, saving, and better with money in general.
Now is the time to learn!
Periodically, we'll also put on events in schools as well as here at Arbor Financial, designed to explain things like:
- How to manage savings & checking accounts
- The difference between debit and credit cards
- How to set SMART money goals
- What is a credit score and why it matters
- Budgeting basics.
We've also baked in some other great benefits, such as:
- The ability to pay friends through the Arbor Financial mobile app. There's no need to download any other software or third-party app, we've got it all right there for you.
- Set up quick balances, so you can see what's in your account without having to log in.
- P2K - A parent-to-kid transfer line, so parents can easily transfer money to their kids' account
- ATM's - Your Volt debit card will let you use CO-OP ATM's anywhere, or Fifth-Third Bank Jeanie ATM's for free.
Being a member, you'll also hear first when we open up our annual scholarship program. We are proud to award twelve $2,000 scholarships to Michigan high school students looking to improve their lives through higher education.
Other important stuff
- It Pays to Save with Volt - Volt Account members will see their savings add up quickly by earning 5.00% APY* on savings balances up to $1,000.
- No Fees: We Mean It - The Volt Checking account for members age 13-18 is more than totally FREE checking. There no overdraft fees or ATM fees. Really.
- Volt Credit Card - At age 16, Volt members can qualify for a Visa Rewards Card! This card will have a sensible credit limit (up to $1,000), and a low interest rate, and will let you start building up rewards points that never expire, but just so your parents aren't worried about it, we do require a co-signer until age 18.