At Arbor Financial Credit Union, we offer checking accounts to fit your personal banking needs. So, whether you require a basic no frills account, you’re a teenager learning foundational personal finance lessons, or you carry a high balance and want to be rewarded with monthly dividends, we have something for you.
||Type of Account
||Who It’s For
|Free Momentum Checking
||High yield checking account
||Up to 3.00% APY
||Those who want to earn interest on their account without carrying a high balance
||Basic free checking account
||Those who want a basic no frills checking account
||High balance checking account
||Monthly dividends on balances over $2,500
||$0 when your daily balance is over $2,500, otherwise it’s $25/month
||Those who carry a high daily balance
13-18 years old
19-24 years old
|Checking account for teens and young adults 13-24
||Up 3.00% APY on balances up to $1,000
||Teens and young adults 13-24
The Free Momentum Checking Account is a high yield account designed to help you grow your money faster. As you make more purchases, you will earn more in dividends based on your account balance.
Enjoy no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirements as you take advantage of an APY of up to 3.00%.
The Free Checking Account is a free and easy account option that lets you access your money with simplicity, whether you're at home or on the road.
There are no minimum balance requirements or monthly service fees.
The Premier Checking Account provides you with a red carpet experience while earning sizable dividends and taking advantage of our other attractive features. If you carry a balance of over $2,500, you will be able to experience everything this account offers.
The Volt Account (13-18) is specially designed for 13-18-year-olds who want to take charge of their money without worrying about dipping into savings or incurring accidental overdraft fees. It also comes with tons of benefits such as a P2K transfer line that lets parents quickly transfer money to their kids' accounts and earn 3.00% APY.
The Volt Account (19-24) is specifically designed for young adults 19-24 years old who are getting used to #Adulting and want to manage their money like a pro, with a little help. It is mobile-friendly, allowing you to manage your account from a convenient app while earning an APY of up to 3.00% APY on balances up to $1,000.
Our checking accounts come with mobile banking that makes using your account as easy as 1-2-3. We know your life is mobile, and we want your checking account to be as well.
Mobile banking allows you to:
- Check your balances without logging in when you use quick balances
- Endorse and deposit checks in just a few simple steps
- Load your accounts into Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay
- Pay your friends directly without downloading a third-party app
- Turn your debit card on and off to designate time and usage while optimizing protection
- Pay bills with ease
- Make transfers between your accounts
- Arrange for customized text alerts when balances get low, checks clear or for other purposes
Free ATMs Nationwide
With your Arbor Financial Credit Union account, you have the freedom to access your cash at your convenience without paying hefty ATM fees. Visit one of 30,000 fee-free ATMs to get the access you deserve without paying the fees you want to avoid.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Checking Accounts
How much do I need to deposit to open a checking account?
Our checking accounts don't require that you have a minimum opening balance or maintain a certain balance to keep your account open.
Which checking account is best for me?
The checking account that's best for you will depend on what your needs are.
Our Free Momentum Checking is a high yield account.
Our Free Checking Account is a basic account.
Our Premier Checking Account is a high balance account that's best if you carry a balance of over $2,500.
Our Volt Accounts are for teenagers and young adults 13-24 years old.
Review the details about each account and determine which one provides the features you need. If you require additional help, feel free to call at 269-375-6702, and we can support you in making a decision.
Is it easy to open a checking account?
Yes, opening a checking account is a simple process. We have an online application that should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. You will need:
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification number
- Your Driver's License, State ID or Passport
- To be 18 years of age or older. Under 18? Please stop by any location to open your account.
- If you will be opening your new account with funds from another financial institution, you'll need their routing number and account number.
- If you will be opening your new account with a debit or credit card, you'll need the card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Want another person to sign on the account with you? They will need to enter and validate their personal information.
What are dividends?
Dividends are the interest payments of credit unions. It's the money we pay you for keeping your money in our account.