Arbor Financial Mobile Check Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
With Mobile Check Deposit, your smartphone or tablet turns into a mobile branch! Deposit checks directly into your account anytime, anywhere by snapping a picture of the front and back of each check.
Mobile Check Deposit is a feature of the free Arbor Financial Mobile app. However, standard wireless carrier data and charges may apply so we recommend contacting your wireless provider for details.
Anyone who meets the following criteria can enjoy the convenience of Arbor Financial Mobile Check Deposit:
- Must have an active checking account
- Account must be open for a minimum of 30 days
- Account must be in good standing, which includes (but is not limited to):
- No delinquent loan status
- No charged off loans or shares
- No derogatory action placed on accounts
- No excessive NSF history
- Overdraft Privilege revocation from account
- Per Check: $1,500
- Per Day: $2,500
- Per Month: $25,000
We are excited to make MCD available for our businesses members in early 2016. Please contact our Business Services Department or for additional details.
The Arbor Financial Mobile app and Mobile Check Deposit feature are as safe as depositing checks in an ATM and offers the same level of safety as Arbor Financial eBanking. In technical terms, multiple layers of security including password protection, Internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption help keep your information safe and secure.
Using Mobile Check Deposit
Once you’ve downloaded and signed in to Arbor Financial Mobile, you’re ready to start making mobile check deposits!
1. Endorse the check you’re depositing.
- Write “For Mobile Deposit Only at Arbor Financial Credit Union”.
- Sign your name.
- Be sure that the joint owner(s) of the account you’re depositing to also endorse the check if their name is listed as a payee.
2. Within Arbor Financial Mobile, select “Deposits”.
- Choose “New Deposit”
- Select the account to deposit the check into.
- Enter the amount of the check and select Continue.
- First, take a photo of the front.
- Take the photo against a solid background that provides contrast to the edges of the check and remove any objects that show in the picture.
- When you’ve ensured the entire check is visible in the frame, in focus, and well-lit, snap the photo. You will be able to retake the photo if need be.
- Repeat the process for the back of the check.
4. Submit it!
- Review your deposit for accuracy and confirm the transaction.
- Once you’ve correctly answered your challenge question, submit your deposit.
Arbor Financial Mobile Check Deposits can be submitted any time of day, weekend, or holiday. In most situations, deposits made before 3:00 pm (EST) will post to your account the next business day.
You can also view your mobile check deposit history in the Deposit section of the Arbor Financial Mobile app, including pending, failed and accepted deposits.
In addition to being available when downloading Arbor Financial Mobile, it can be found on our website Disclosures page.
Upon confirming that you received full credit for the check deposited, destroy the check by shredding or other means, or clearly mark “VOID” or “Electronically Deposited” on the front and back of the check.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Rev 8/16 V1