2018 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship Program
Arbor Financial Credit Union is excited to announce that we will be awarding 12 high school seniors with $2,000 scholarships, for a total of $24,000 to these outstanding students!
Applications for the 2018 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship Program will be accepted through April 1, 2018.
Who is eligible:
- Open to all high school seniors, who are Arbor Financial members OR
- High school seniors residing in any of the 21 counties we serve
- Accepted into an accredited post-secondary school (community college, 4-year programs, etc)
- Scholarships must be used in the upcoming fall semester
How to Apply:
This year's scholarship will be anonymously judged on the strength of an essay that will answer the question: "If you could change your community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make and why?"
Applications are submitted and essays uploaded online, making the whole process quick and easy!
- Essay is between 500 and 750 words
- Typed and double spaced
- Top right corner of each page of the essay contains your initials of first, middle, and last name
- Your essay has a title
- Submit your application and upload your essay in a Word (.DOC(X)) or PDF online here or click the apply now button above
- We will be awarding 12 high school seniors with $2,000 scholarships
- Winners of the 2018 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship will be contacted in May
- Checks will be made payable to both the winner and the educational institute and will be mailed to the winner in June
- Winners will be asked to submit a photo for use on our website and/or social media outlets
- Select essays from our winners may be published on our website and/or social media outlets
About the Scholarship Program
A total of $388,000 has been awarded to eligible students through Arbor Financial Credit Union's Scholarship Program, which was established in 1999. We're proud to continue nearly two decades of contributing to the education of young people in the community.
As you know, there are literally thousands of scholarships available and we want to help you discover them! The Kalamazoo Community Foundation has a scholarship search tool and a great place to begin in finding the right scholarships for you.
So you already have been accepted to a college, now what? High school seniors should search for available scholarships for incoming freshmen at their chosen college.
Official family members, employees of Arbor Financial Credit Union and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program.